What Is Covered?
Slimline Roller Shutters warrants that for the designated period of time as set out under the section titled ‘Roller Shutter Warranty Period’, Slimline Roller Shutters will replace any part or component of the roller shutter (except for those items listed under the section titled ‘What Is Not Covered’) which proves to be defective in materials or workmanship free of charge, subject to the terms and conditions of this warranty.
The warranty period begins on the date of product dispatch.
Warranty part replacements or product replacement will be sent to the customer when initial product is returned, or when identified component has been shown to be defective.
Roller Shutter Warranty Period
Different components of the Roller Shutter have different warranty periods.
Main Roller Shutter Kit: 10 years
This covers pelmets, axle, curtain, clips, tracks, flashing, operational switch and all mechanical parts (except the motors). The period for the roller shutter kit is ten years from the time at which the roller shutter is dispatched.
DC Battery Motor: 2 years
This covers the DC Battery motors only. The period for DC Battery motor is three years from the time at which the roller shutter is dispatched.
AC Electric Motor: 5 years
This covers the AC Electric Motors only and the wall switch.The period for AC Electric motors is five years from the time at which the roller shutter is dispatched.
AC Remote Control and Battery Backup – extras: 2 years
This covers the AC Electric Motors optional extras only. The period for these options is two years from the time at which the roller shutter is dispatched.
DC Battery Motor Handset & Any Batteries: 1 year
This covers the DC Battery Motor handset and any batteries only. The period for DC handset and batteries is one year from the time at which the roller shutter is dispatched.
The Roller Shutter Warranty covers all parts and components of each new roller shutter except for those items listed under the section entitled ‘What Is Not Covered’ in the Customer Information Booklet and further below in the relevant section.
Our goods come with warranties that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
What Is Not Covered
- Any roller shutter that has been relocated from its intended installation area.
- Any roller shutter that has been modified/cut down or varies significantly from the original sent product.
- Any roller shutter where the pelmet box and its components has been dismantled.
- Any non-“Genuine Slimline Roller Shutters” supplied parts.
- Any battery/handset left constantly on charge, damage or failure of the product is not covered – that being the battery, or the handset
- Subject to s.259(4), s.271 (2) and s.271(4) and s.272(2) of Australian Consumer Law, SLIMLINE ROLLER SHUTTERS excludes any and all liability for loss or damage for problems:
- unrelated to SLIMLINE ROLLER SHUTTERS’ conduct;
- unrelated to the goods supplied by SLIMLINE ROLLER SHUTTERS; and
- caused by something independent of SLIMLINE ROLLER SHUTTERS after the goods have left its control.
- Normal wear and tear meaning the gradual reduction in operating performance of a part or parts having regard to the age of the roller shutter, the number of cycles it has done and its operating conditions. This includes normal deterioration of buttons, paint or other appearance items.
- Normal maintenance such as, but not limited to, cleaning the shutter, lubricating the parts, replacement of LEDs in controllers.
- Damage or failures resulting from:
- Misuse, such as obstructing the shutter, over-cycling the shutter, leaving the DC Battery Motor system handset constantly charging etc.
- Use of non-recommended, improper lubricants.
- Failure to perform proper maintenance as outlined in the MAINTENANCE SECTION of instructions.
- Alterations, tampering or improper repairs or servicing.
- Unauthorized modifications or use of any non “Genuine SLIMLINE ROLLER SHUTTERS” parts, accessories or equipment.
- Accidents and Theft Damage.
- Fuel or liquid adhesion, chemical fallout, tree sap, salt, hail, wind storm, lightning, bushfires or unusual environmental conditions, bird or animal excrement.
- Continuing to operate the shutter after motor limit failure, obstruction to shutter, on or after knowledge of failure.
This warranty applies to the purchaser. This warranty is provided to the original owners of the roller shutter only during the warranty period (this excludes subsequent owners). This warranty does not apply to a roller shutter that is relocated from its original installation location or intended installation area.
NOTE: Our goods come with warranties that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.